Tuesday, June 28, 2011
A raise of the glass to all those who help out by offering their opinions and partake in all the difficult "research" needed to sample these beverages! Cheers!
This week's guest drinker is Ms. Sharon McG. Thanks!
Joining me on my side of the bar was Sharon, a fellow patron with a decidedly less tolerant system for cocktails containing a generous alcohol content, but a discerning palate, nonetheless. Sharon's drink, "The Passionate Melon."
Into a cocktail shaker, add
- A 3 count of Malibu Melon-flavored rum
- A 3 count of Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Passionfruit-flavored rum,
- A 3 count Bacardi White Rum
- A splash of Pineapple juice,
- A splash of orange juice
- A squirt of grenadine
- Shake vigorously
- Pour over fresh ice in a chilled, 16 ounce pint glass
- Garnish with available fruit, (i.e. melon, passionfruit, pineapple, etc.,) OR a wedge of lime!
Recipe by Joe the bartender, Passage to India Restaurant, Salem, MA
Bartender's Notes: a light, "training wheels"-type of drink, this is something tasty that you can have all night without the fear of an uncontrollable urge to do karaoke.
Sharon's notes: Light and fruity and not too sweet. Very reminiscent of summer, it is more of an appetizer drink than one she would choose to accompany a meal. Sharon confided that she was probably going to be ordering a second...
Cheers! - Chris