Landslide award winner of the Annual Salem Cocktail Competition, 2009.
Joe served up this specialty cocktail to my trusted research partner, Kerry, who provided me with her impressions and field notes. Thanks for all your hard work, Kerry!
Into a cocktail shaker of ice, add:
- a 4 count of Svedka Vanilla Vodka
- a 3 count of Svedka Original Vodka
- a 2 count of Grenadine
- a HEAVY 3 count of Mango Lassi, (an Indian yogurt drink)
- Shake well, and strain into a chilled, 16 ounce pint glass filled with ice.
- garnish with strawberry and orange.
Recipe by Joe the Bartender, Passage to India Restaurant, Salem, MA
Bartender’s Notes: Lassi is a traditional Indian yogurt-based drink. Very thick and creamy, there is no such thing as a ‘diet lassi.’
Kerry’s Notes: Rich, thick and fruity, it is sort of like a smoothie for grown-ups. In fact, this could easily win out over the Mamosa and the Bloody Mary as the first-pick breakfast cocktail.
A la sature! - Chris