Start with something good, and add something good...
Into a large, chilled 16-ounce pint glass:
- add squeezed wedge of lime,
- add the leaves of 2 whole stems of fresh mint,
- add 1/2 teaspoon of simple syrup,
- add 1 3-count of Canton, (French Ginger Liqueur,)
Muddle it, Oh! and Muddle it well!
- add a 3 count of white rum,
- Stir with a bar spoon,
- fill with ice, stir,
- add a “sploosh” of soda on top,
- garnish with lime and fresh mint.
Recipe by Joe the Bartender, Passage to India restaurant, Salem, MA
Bartender’s notes: As the drink sits, the flavors mellow to the point where each sip bathes your mouth in the tastes of fresh mint, tart lime, and tangy ginger. Mmmmm...
Chris's notes: This drink has a complex meeting of flavors that traditionally don't overlap. The ginger, mint and lime seem to each be struggling for supremacy of flavor at first, but settle into blend of tastebud-tingling goodness.