No more should New York hog all the glory with the Long Island Iced Tea! Here is a recipe for a beverage that bests that brew pays homage to America’s sports team, The Boston Red Sox.
It’s official name is “The Big Papi Boston Tea Party” and was developed in honor of the Red Sox slugger. It is like a variation of the Long Island Ice Tea, but all Bostoned up in some key ways to make this the superior drink!
Into a cocktail mixing tumbler;
- pour a 2 count of Absolut Boston, (a limited edition vodka from Absolut flavored with black tea and elderflowers!)
- pour a 1 count of Brugal Dominican Rum,
- pour a 2 count of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila,
- pour a 1 count of Bombay Sapphire Gin,
- pour a 1 count of St-Germain,
- pour a 1 count of triple Sec,
- add a splash of sour mix,
- add a squeeze of fresh lemon,
- shake vigorously
- strain into a 16 ounce pint glass filled with ice,
- top off with a splash of Coke,
- garnish with a wedge of fresh lemon, orange and/or a cherry.
- Original recipe by Joe the Bartender, Passage to India restaurant, Salem, MA
Show your support for the Red Sox and make this your beverage of choice!